The biggest and the most successful companies in the world are the most innovative, so innovation is very important and that is why we will spent several articles on this theme.
"You can only win the 'war' with ideas, not with spending cuts"
– Klaus Kleinfeld, President and CEO,
Siemens AG (Source: IBM Global CEO Study 2006)
"Today's inventions need to be on the market before tomorrow morning, otherwise others will pick them first".
"Being creative is risky – higher price, but also higher reward".
"Ideas without risks are useless, while risks without ideas are stupid".
Innovate = "To make changes, to do something in a new way."
Innovate = "Creating Need!"
(Sometimes when need doesn't really exist!)
- Creating something new that did not exist before
- New solutions to existing problems
- Result of human creativity and curiosity
- Successful inventions – demand driven
- improved quality
- better performance
- higher productivity
- more customer satisfaction
- reduced cost
Competitors are innovating
Accelerated delivery timelines & shortened product lifecycles
Grow through innovation
TYPES OF INNOVATION
Good ideas can come from anywhere:
Invention and Innovation need Imagination!!
Clues to Innovative Companies
Do they …
- Kill the mindset that innovation is only about inventing the Next Big Thing?
- Build a culture where there is no such thing as a bad idea?
- "Keep it focused; keep it simple?"… Peter Drucker
- Value diversity & collaboration?
- Make it fun?
How do companies go with innovation? (the most important part)
Apple, Google, Microsoft, IBM and Toyota
How are they innovative and how do they do it?
…….to be continued
تعقيب من موقعك.